Are you looking for a new challenge where you can work independently on sourcing of new products within an international team? Do you not only want to contribute to the growth of the organization, but also have the opportunity to grow yourself? NRF is hiring a Sourcing Specialist!
Gdańsk, 1 FTE
NRF is a leading manufacturer and supplier of heat exchange products for automotive, marine and industrial applications, distributing cooling and air-conditioning parts globally with a focus on the European automotive aftermarket. The automotive aftermarket is a dynamic trading environment in which sourcing for new products is of great importance for our business success. For this reason NRF is hiring a Sourcing Specialist.
As a Sourcing Specialist you are responsible for the development of new models as well as for the sourcing of new product groups.
After receiving a request for a new product from our product management department you start a development project for this product. This means you will:
- purchase OE samples from dealers, website and other sources
- send technical drawing and request for quotation to own factories located in India and other suppliers, mostly based in Asia
- select a supplier from a cluster of current suppliers, including price negotiating
- send sample to the supplier and monitor the project (2-12 months lead time)
- coordinate the validation of samples with our quality engineers
- keep track on all projects running
In addition to the above, you are responsible for the sourcing of new product groups that cannot be sourced from current suppliers. As Sourcing Specialist you will set up the supplier base for new products. Primarily it is important that you follow the market trends and negotiate with suppliers. You implement and secure the conditions set in supply agreements.
In this role you report to the Purchasing Director, based in the Nederlands. You work closely together with our Product Management and Validation departments based in Gdansk, Poland.
What do you bring as a Sourcing Specialist?
- You have completed a bachelor degree
- You are ready for a second step in your career – 5 or more years of relevant working experience (for example in a technical purchasing position)
- Experience in the aftermarket would be a big advantage
- You can tell a Ford Focus from an Opel Astra – meaning you have affinity with technology and a basic interest in the automotive.
- Excel holds no secrets for you when it comes to functionalities like Vlookup and Pivot tables
- You have strong communication and negotiation skills, you are commercially minded and relationship oriented
- You have good knowledge of English, both written and spoken. Ability to communicate in Chinese would be nice to have
- You are willing to make business trips to Asia once or twice a year and participate in international trade events (after covid times)
What do we offer?
- Working in an international organization with an open and informal culture
- An opportunity to further develop yourself in the aftermarket and in sourcing
At NRF we 'Create, Deliver and Cooperate’. We value entrepreneurship, innovation, ownership and teamwork.
If you recognize yourself in the above profile and in our values, we look forward to receiving your application. Please send your application to our HR department, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about this position, you can contact Patrick van Hoek (Purchasing Director) at 0683522387 /or email@example.com